If you served a whole ham as part of your New Year’s Eve dinner, you are probably wondering what to do with all the leftovers. Having leftovers is actually one of our favorite things about serving whole ham around the holidays. There are so many ways to use leftover ham, and the flavor really makes everything taste delicious. Today we are going to share ten ideas with you for how to use up that whole ham. Let’s get cooking!
1. Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders- This is a popular pick for a quick and easy dinner. There are many variations of this recipe, but we like this one from Crème De La Crumb.
2. Soup- January and February are perfect months for soup making. Throw leftover ham and your other desired ingredients in a crockpot and come home to a nice, warm meal after a full day of work.
3. Casserole– There are tons of options with noodles, potatoes, cheese, and more. Check out this recipe for a ham, rice, broccoli, and cheese casserole from I Wash You Dry.
4. Chicken cordon bleu– Just layer chicken, ham, and cheese, roll up, add breading, and cook! Here is a recipe from Skinny Taste if you don’t already have a personal favorite.
5. Sandwiches- You can’t go wrong with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches—your kids will thank you.
6. Ham fried rice– Bring a taste of the tropics home with this Hawaiian Fried Rice recipe from The Recipe Critic.
7. Breakfast– Leftover ham is perfect for breakfast food of any kind! Try ham and eggs, omelets, or a ham and potato hash.
8. Pasta– This Ham and Cheese Penne from Jo Cooks looks delicious!
9. Pizza– Throw ham on some homemade Hawaiian, BBQ, or Supreme pizza.
10. Freeze it- Still have some ham left? You can freeze ham for at least a month after cooking it.