If you find yourself with some leftover country ham, don’t throw it out! The remnants of your feast can be used in so many ways. Here are a few of our favorite delicious ideas:
1. Soup. Cozy up this winter with a warm bowl of soup. Ham can be the perfect addition to your creamy potato soup, or you can use the ham bones to create a tasty broth.
2. Sandwich. Probably the most common use of ham leftovers, and that is for good reason! It’s easy and tastes great. Nothing is better than a thick slice of ham with mayo, lettuce and bacon on your favorite bread.
3. Ham Mac & Cheese. Adding ham to your mac and cheese is a game changer. Top it with buttery panko crumbs and you’ll be in heaven.
4. Chef Salad. This classic salad is always a great choice. Elevate your salad by using thick country ham instead of store-bought cubed ham.
5. Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders. With the super bowl coming up, these sliders make the perfect appetizer for your party.
6. Shrimp & Ham Jambalaya. Kick up the spice and make a hearty jambalaya! Country ham adds a great texture to this dish.
7. Breakfast Casserole. All you need is your leftover ham, cheddar, hash browns, and eggs to make a breakfast worth getting up for.
8. Pasta Salad. You can throw some of your country ham into almost any pasta salad and it will be delicious.
9. Ham Fried Rice. You can’t have ham fried rice without ham! You can also use cauliflower rice if you are looking for a low-calorie option.