Old Fashioned Skillet Country Ham
Servings: 4 | Time: 20 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in skillet and add ham, cooking until brown on both sides approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove ham steak from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients; water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika to the pan and cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately five minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook approximately five more minutes with caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect rave reviews
Ham & Cabbage Soup
Cooking Time: 1 hour | Serves 6
- 2 tsp Beef base
- 1 Carrot, whole
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Head cabbage, small
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Onion, small
- 2 Potatoes, medium
Baking & Spices
- 1/2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 cups Water
- 1 Meaty hambone
Peach & Cream Country Ham Dip
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4-oz) diced cooked country ham
- 3 Tbsp peach preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
In the bowl of a food processor, add cream cheese, cooked ham, peach preserves, green onions and dijon mustard. Pulse 5 or 6 times, until almost creamy. Transfer mixture to serving bowl and top with pecans. Serve with crackers and celery.
Southern Crock Pot Pintos
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, sorted and washed
- 1 large ham hock or substitute
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash OR 2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 Cups Water
- * Chopped green onions for garnishing ( optional)
- After sorting and washing the beans, put them in the crock pot.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and ham hock ( or substitution).
- Pour in the water, then sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Cover the Crock Pot, then set in on high for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are done, serve them over rice.
- Garnish with green onions ( optional).