If you haven’t cooked our country ham on a skillet before, you’re missing out! All you need to make this recipe is a skillet, some water, butter, a few spices, our country ham, and a few minutes of your time. Combine all the ingredients, cook the ham for just a couple of minutes on each side, allowing the ingredients to caramelize, and you’ll have a meal that’s met by rave reviews from your entire family.
Old Fashioned Skillet Country Ham
Servings: 4 | Time: 20 mins | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ham slice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in skillet and add ham, cooking until brown on both sides approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove ham steak from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients; water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and paprika to the pan and cook until sugar is dissolved, approximately five minutes.
- Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook approximately five more minutes with caramelized glaze.
- Serve hot and expect rave reviews
Use our Store Locator to find Hobe’s Country Ham products near you!