Southern Crock Pot Pintos
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, sorted and washed
- 1 large ham hock or substitute
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash OR 2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 Cups Water
- * Chopped green onions for garnishing ( optional)
- After sorting and washing the beans, put them in the crock pot.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and ham hock ( or substitution).
- Pour in the water, then sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Cover the Crock Pot, then set in on high for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are done, serve them over rice.
- Garnish with green onions ( optional).
Use our Store Locator to find Hobe’s Country Ham products near you!