Our Southern Crockpot Pintos recipe is for anyone who loves our country ham and a warm serving of pinto beans. To make this recipe, combine our country ham, dry pinto beans, a few cups of water, and a variety of spices you probably already have in your pantry for a side dish everyone in your family will rave about. These beans take about six hours to cook, allowing the natural flavoring of our country ham and the spices you add to infuse the beans for unbelievable flavor.
Southern Crock Pot Pintos
- 3 cups dry pinto beans, sorted and washed
- 1 large ham hock or substitute
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash OR 2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 Cups Water
- * Chopped green onions for garnishing ( optional)
- After sorting and washing the beans, put them in the crock pot.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and ham hock ( or substitution).
- Pour in the water, then sprinkle in the seasonings.
- Cover the Crock Pot, then set in on high for 6 hours.
- Once the beans are done, serve them over rice.
- Garnish with green onions ( optional).
Use our Store Locator to find Hobe’s Country Ham products near you!