It’s always tough to figure out what to serve guests, so if you’re looking for something to add to your repertoire, our Warm Spinach-Sweet Onion Dip with Country Ham is it. As long as you have our country ham in your pantry and a few other ingredients, you can whip this up in a few minutes and impress all your guests. Serve with pita chips or any other chips you would prefer.
Warm Spinach-Sweet Onion Dip with Country Ham
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cups of thinly sliced sweet onion (2 medium onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1 cup diced country ham (about 6 oz)
- 2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 pkg. frozen chopped spinach (12 oz. each), thawed and well drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed black pepper
- Dash of Texas Pete
- Pita chips
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl and wipe skillet clean.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook, stirring often, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove ham from skillet and drain on paper towels.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, including ham, with the onion mixture in a bowl and stir until blended. Pour mixture in a 9x9 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and smooth. Serve with Pita chips.
Use our Store Locator to find Hobe’s Country Ham products near you!