After buying a whole ham for a large gathering or family dinner, it’s almost certain that you are going to have leftovers for the next few days. If you ask us, this is a good problem to have because it gives you a lot of opportunities to be creative and use your leftover ham in different ways. But if you’re lacking creativity or need help brainstorming ideas, here are 6 ways to use your leftover ham:
• Grilled Cheese- While you could always opt to make a regular ham and cheese sandwich, adding ham to a grilled cheese is a bit of a fancier meal that will make for a tasty lunch or dinner even if you’re in a rush.
• Linguine Carbonara- This pasta dish is made of thin noodles and a sauce consisting of egg, cheese, and black pepper. It famously features cured pork, so it’s the perfect dish if you are trying to use leftover country ham.
• Fried Rice- Leftover ham and leftover rice present you with an obvious solution: fried rice. Add peas, scrambled egg, or any other ingredients you like in addition to the ham chunks.
• Casserole- If you are looking for a quick meal that doesn’t require much of your attention, try a casserole. It’s a comforting, filling meal that leftover ham can only improve.
• Pizza- Ham on pizza might not be for everyone, but if you’re a fan of it, then making a homemade pizza might be a great idea for you.
• Ham and Potato Hash- A ham and potato hash might be just what you need to start your day with a delicious, warm meal.